Velvet Revolver and Stone Temple Pilots member Scott Weiland was found dead on December 3 in Bloomington, Minnesota. Since then the toxicology reports have come back and they show that Weiland had died from an accidental overdose of cocaine, paired with MDA and alcohol. Prior to these reports, the police had found a myriad of substances on Weiland’s tour bus the night he died. Among these substances were a generic brand of Xanax, two different types of sleeping pills and Viagra- to name a few.
According to TMZ, the report from Hennepin County Medical Examiner reveals that both heart disease and asthma were “significant conditions” plaguing Weiland- however neither were the cause of his death. The time of death was placed at 8:27 pm.